Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 50 Minutes
- Total time: 1 Hour & 10 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 6 cups pumpkin, cubed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2/3 cups coconut milk
- Over medium heat, add one tablespoon of coconut oil to a deep pot.
- Add the onion, garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the pumpkin, carrot, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, cumin, paprika, and bring to the boil.
- Once at the boil, reduce to a light simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Using either a stick blender or food processor, blend the mixture until it is smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and add the coconut milk.
- Heat the soup until it is hot again.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Depending on the size of the food processor, you may need to blend this soup in batches. If you are using a stick blender, then you can blend it in the pot.
- If you need to cook this in bulk or want to have it cooking for a long time, you can make delicious pumpkin soup in the slow cooker. Just make sure you add the coconut cream at the end of cooking; otherwise, it may split.
- The coconut oil can be replaced with any other good paleo-friendly cooking oil.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!