Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Pigs In A Blanket Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time 25 Minutes
- Makes 12+
- 1kg (2 lb) of mini hot dogs
- 1-3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat an oven to 200°C (420°F).
- Lightly grease a baking tray. You may need to grease multiple trays.
- Cut the puff pastry into strips, you should get about 5-10 per sheet.
- Brush a small amount of the beaten egg onto each strip of puff pastry.
- Place a hot dog on the edge of a strip of puff pastry. Start rolling from the hot dog end to the other end.
- Place onto the prepared baking tray.
- Repeat until the baking tray is full. Make sure you have allowed room for the puff pastry to expand.
- Glaze each of the hot dogs with some of the egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the pastry has puffed up and is golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Add a little bit of cheese in with the hot dog. This addition of cheese will result in some amazing cheesy pigs in a blanket.
- Puff pastry doesn’t reheat very well. So, if you do want to reheat these do it in an oven for the best results. However, reheating in the oven may cause them to dry out, so it’s best to try not to have any leftovers.
- You can use the hot dogs to measure how wide to make the puff pastry strips. I aim to have the strips about 3/4 of the length of the hot dog.
- Fresh or frozen puff pastry will work perfectly in this recipe. Fresh puff pastry will likely work out better, but it is very hard to make.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!