Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Pigs In A Blanket Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time 25 Minutes
- Makes 12+
- 1 kg (2 lb.) of mini hot dogs (cocktail frankfurts)
- 1-3 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Preheat an oven to 200 °C (420 °F).
- Light grease a baking tray (Multiple if you’re planning on a doing a substantial amount.
- Beat one egg in a bowl and place to the side
- Cut the puff pastry into strips (Use the hot dogs to measure, I roughly estimate 1 by 3/4 hot dogs) you should get about 5-10 per sheet.
- Place a small amount of egg wash on each strip of puff pastry.
- Place a hot dog on one edge of a strip and start rolling from the hot dog end to the other end.
- Place onto the prepared baking tray.
- Repeat until the baking tray is full and also make sure you have allowed for room for the puff pastry to expand.
- Glaze each with some of the egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes until puffy and golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Add a little bit of cheese in with the mini hot dog, and you will get amazing cheesy pigs in a blanket.
- Puff pastry doesn’t ever heat up very well if you do want to reheat these do in an oven and not a microwave. However, reheating in the oven may cause them to dry out, so it’s best to try not have any leftovers.
- Experiment a little by adding condiments such as mustard, relish onto the puff pastry before wrapping them up. It will put a nice twist on this basic but easy pigs in a blanket recipe.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!