Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Pork Roast Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour
- Total time 1 Hour & 15 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1.8kg (4 lb) Pork Loin
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 1 bulb of garlic
- First take the pork out of the fridge & packaging, place to the side.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C (485°F).
- If you’re having the vegetables, place these into a large roasting dish and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Using a sharp knife, score the pork skin at about 1 cm (0.4 in) intervals.
- Drizzle the pork with olive oil and then rub salt into it.
- Place the pork into the roasting dish with the vegetables then place straight into the oven.
- Turn the heat down immediately to 200°C (390°F).
- Cook for a further 1 hour or until the pork is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the pork to a board to rest.
- Remove the crackling from the pork and allow to rest for roughly 15 minutes.
- Once rested, slice the pork and serve with the vegetables.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you’re cooking with the bone still in, then you will need to add about 20 minutes to the cooking time. Make sure you still check the pork to make sure that is cooked correctly when you remove it from the oven.
- If the crackling isn’t as crispy as you would like, then simply place it back into the oven separate from the pork and cook for longer. Doing this under the grill will help make this super crunchy in no time at all just be super careful not to burn it.
- Roasts are always something that should be cooked when you have a fair bit of time. If you don’t have much time, then it’s probably best to cook something else. You can always use the pork meat in a different recipe.
- This pork goes fantastic with some paleo gravy, applesauce or some other paleo friendly condiments.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!