Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Pork Roast Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour
- Total time 1 Hour & 15 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1.8kg (4 lb) pork loin
- Olive oil
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 1 bulb of garlic
- First, take the pork out of the fridge and packaging. Pat dry with some paper towel and place to the side.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C (465°F).
- Place the vegetables into a large roasting dish and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Using a sharp knife, score the pork skin at about 1 cm (0.4 in) intervals.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the pork and then rub a generous amount of salt into it.
- Place the pork on top of the vegetables.
- Place straight into the oven and turn the heat down to 200°C (390°F).
- Cook for one hour or until the pork is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the pork to a board to rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the crackling from the pork and allow to rest for roughly 15 minutes.
- Once rested, slice the pork and serve with the vegetables and crackling.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you are cooking with the bone-in, you will need to add about twenty minutes to the cooking time. Make sure you check that the pork is cooked before you remove it from the oven.
- To ensure that the pork is cooked, you can use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the meat should be at least 75°C (170°F).
- If the crackling is not as crispy as you would like, simply place it back into the oven separate from the pork and cook it for longer. Doing this under the broiler will help make it super crunchy in no time at all. Just be super careful not to burn it.
- Roasts are always something that should be cooked when you have a fair bit of time. If you do not have much time, then it is probably best to cook something else. You can always use pork meat in a different recipe.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!