Pork roasts are absolutely amazing when they are prepared and cooked properly. In this recipe, I will take you through all the steps to achieving the perfect pork roast so that you can impress all your friends, family or even just yourself at your next dinner.
I will also be cooking some amazing roast vegetables alongside this pork roast. These aren’t much extra work and simply taste amazing. Keep in mind you don’t have to do the vegetables if you already have side dishes planned to go with a roast or simply just don’t want them.
If you want a lovely gravy to go with the pork, then be sure to check our amazing paleo friendly gravy recipe. It’s a fantastic gravy jam-packed with a ton of flavor that goes great with any sort of meat or vegetables.
Be sure to check out the fantastic video on how to make this perfect pork roast below. It will take you through all the steps and tips you will need to know to get that roast succulent and have that crackling deliciously crunchy.
Pork Roast Recipe
- 1.8kg (4 lb) Pork Loin
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 1 bulb of garlic
- First take the pork out of the fridge & packaging, place to the side.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C (485°F).
- If you’re having the vegetables, place these into a large roasting dish and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Using a sharp knife, score the pork skin at about 1 cm (0.4 in) intervals.
- Drizzle the pork with olive oil and then rub salt into it.
- Place the pork into the roasting dish with the vegetables then place straight into the oven.
- Turn the heat down immediately to 200°C (390°F).
- Cook for a further 1 hour or until the pork is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the pork to a board to rest.
- Remove the crackling from the pork and allow to rest for roughly 15 minutes.
- Once rested, slice the pork and serve with the vegetables.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you’re cooking with the bone still in, then you will need to add about 20 minutes to the cooking time. Make sure you still check the pork to make sure that is cooked correctly when you remove it from the oven.
- If the crackling isn’t as crispy as you would like, then simply place it back into the oven separate from the pork and cook for longer. Doing this under the grill will help make this super crunchy in no time at all just be super careful not to burn it.
- Roasts are always something that should be cooked when you have a fair bit of time. If you don’t have much time, then it’s probably best to cook something else. You can always use the pork meat in a different recipe.
- This pork goes fantastic with some paleo gravy, applesauce or some other paleo friendly condiments.
If you want to know all the nutritional information about this tasty pork roast, then you can find it below. This information will, of course, vary depending on the vegetables you have with it and if you decide to eat the pork crackling or not.
If you’re not cooking the vegetables but still want something to go with it, then I highly recommend cooking up some yummy sweet potato fries. These are super easy and taste delicious.
If you have your own method, variation for a roast that you would like to share, then please drop me a comment below.
I hope you enjoy this pork roast recipe if you would like to stay up to date with all our recipes, then be sure to follow me on any major social network.