Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Quick & Easy Pancake Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time 15 Minutes
- Serves 2-4
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 190ml (6.5 fl oz) lemonade
- In a bowl, combine the self-raising flour and caster sugar.
- Make a well in the dry mix and add the egg and lemonade.
- Gently mix the ingredients until well combined.
- In a pan over medium heat, add a knob of butter.
- Pour the desired amount of mixture into the pan. Roughly 1/4 cup mixture per pancake.
- Cook on one side until the mix starts to firm up, then flip the pancake and cook until done.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until you use up all the mixture.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If the pancakes are cooking too fast, then I recommend lowering the heat on the stove. They should take a few minutes to cook on each side.
- You can use oil instead of butter. However, I recommend only doing this if you're not a fan of butter, or you prefer to use cooking oil.
- If you don’t like your pancakes being too sweet, then I recommend leaving the sugar out altogether. The sugars in the lemonade should be just enough to give you excellent tasting easy pancakes.
- The pancake batter should be thick, but if it is a little too thick, then just add a little bit more lemonade to the mix.
- I suggest using all of the pancake batter straight away as it will not last for very long. If you try to use it after a day or two, you will find that the pancakes won't rise very much.
- Caster sugar is also known as superfine sugar or bakers sugar. You can also use granulated sugar instead. However, I recommend a fine sugar for the best results.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!