Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Quick & Easy Pancake Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time 15 Minutes
- Serves 2-4
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ¾ cup lemonade
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- In a bowl, mix together the self-raising flour and caster sugar.
- Make a well in the dry mix and add the egg and lemonade.
- Gently mix the ingredients together until well combined.
- In a pan over medium heat, add a knob of butter.
- Pour the desired amount of mixture into the pan.
- Cook on one side until the mix starts to firm up then flip the pancake and cook until done.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until you use up all the mixture.
- Serve & Enjoy
- As we all know pancakes by themselves are pretty average. There are many great additions you’re able to have with pancakes. I recommend trying some fresh berries and cream with this easy pancake recipe. Another fantastic combination is bacon and maple syrup (Probably my favorite).
- If you’re finding the pancakes are burning, then I recommend lowering the heat on the stove. They should only take a few minutes to cook on each side.
- You can use most types of oil in place of butter if you prefer not to use it in your cooking.
- If you don’t like your pancakes being too sweet, then I recommended leaving the sugar out completely. The sugars in the lemonade should be just enough to give you nice tasting easy pancakes.
- If you find that the batter mix is a little too thick, then just add a little bit more lemonade to the mix.
- I would suggest using all of the pancake batter straight away as it won’t keep for very long at all. You will most likely find that the pancakes won’t rise very much if left for too long.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!