Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Sausage Rolls Recipe
- Prep time 30 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time 1 Hour
- Serves 6
- 500g (17.6 oz) ground beef
- 250g (8.8 oz) sausage meat
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat an oven to 220°C (430°F)
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, sausage meat, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, egg, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Place a defrosted piece of puff pastry on a flat surface and cut it in half.
- On a piece of pastry, place a 2-3 cm (0.4-1 inch ) strip of the meat mixture. Place it close to one side of the pastry.
- Roll up the pastry, and finish with the seam facing down.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the log into roughly six to eight pieces.
- Place each piece onto a lined baking tray with the seam side facing down.
- Repeat step three to seven until you run out of meat mixture.
- Brush the sausage rolls with the beaten egg.
- Cook in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Sausage meat is also known as sausage mince. In Australia, it is available at most supermarkets. If you cannot get your hands on any, then I recommend replacing it with ground beef.
- Shortcrust pastry can be used instead of puff pastry. However, you do miss out on that lovely golden flaky pastry that puff pastry produces.
- Breadcrumbs can be added if you are worried about the meat mixture being too wet.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!