Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Spanish Rice with Ground Beef Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 45 Minutes
- Total time 55 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 30g (1 oz) unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 500g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- 420g (14.8 oz) canned tomato soup
- 500ml (17 fl oz) beef stock
- In a deep frying pan over medium heat, add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the onion and rice. Cook until the rice is starting to brown.
- Next, add the garlic, ground beef, and cook until the beef is browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Feel free to replace the ground beef with your chosen meat. For example, ground chicken or pork will work very nicely in this dish.
- The long grain rice can be substituted with short-grain rice. You may need to adjust the fluids slightly to ensure the rice ends up cooked.
- Pick your favorite brand of tomato soup as it will heavily influence the flavors of this dish.
- Towards the end of cooking you may need to add more fluid if the dish is looking a bit dry and the rice is not cooked.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!