I love to make Spanish rice with ground beef as it is super easy and can easily feed a crowd.
When you take a bite of this dish, you will be greeted with a wide range of delicious flavors. Most of the flavor will come from the tomato soup, but you will also get a hint of mustard and herbs.
This dish goes by several different names and is sometimes referred to as quick Spanish beef. Typically, they are all the same style dish, but recipes can vary quite a bit.
A single batch of this recipe should feed roughly six people. However, it heavily depends on how hungry people are and if you are making some side dishes. You can easily double or triple the recipe if needed.
I recommend keeping any leftovers as they will reheat nicely for lunch the next day. The leftovers will last for roughly three days in the refrigerator or three months in the freezer.
There are lots of extra ingredients that you could add to this dish. Below is a couple that I reckon will work nicely.
Green peas will work nicely with the other flavors in this recipe. I recommend adding them when you only have ten minutes left, so they do not discolor. Fresh or frozen peas are both good options.
Adding some chopped bell pepper is a great way to add lots more flavor into this recipe. I recommend adding it at the same time as the onion. Other vegetables, such as mushrooms, can also be added. Feel free to get creative.
For a little bit of heat, you can add some chili powder into the sauce. I believe a teaspoon should be more than enough. However, if you love things spicy, you might want to add even more chili. Make sure you do not go overboard.
What to Serve with Spanish Rice
There are many ways that you can serve this delicious rice dish. Below are a couple of ideas on what you can do.
I love to serve this dish with a good amount of shredded cheese on top. You can slowly mix the shredded cheese through the rice for some deliciously cheesy Spanish rice. It is a gorgeous combination that I highly recommend giving a try.
Whenever I need to bulk out this recipe, I serve it with some fresh bread. The bread is great on the side, or you can top the bread with the Spanish rice. Both options are delicious and will not disappoint.
If you feel like spending a bit of extra time in the kitchen, then I recommend that you make some cornbread to go with the rice. It is super easy to make and is gluten-free. I love eating the rice with the homemade soft cheesy cornbread.
Below is a video that will take you through all the steps of making Spanish rice with ground beef. If you prefer a written recipe, then you can find that underneath the video.
Spanish Rice with Ground Beef Recipe
Can't see the video? Support us by whitelisting us in your adblocker.
- 30g (1 oz) unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 500g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- 420g (14.8 oz) canned tomato soup
- 500ml (17 fl oz) beef stock
- In a deep frying pan over medium heat, add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the onion and rice. Cook until the rice is starting to brown.
- Next, add the garlic, ground beef, and cook until the beef is browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Feel free to replace the ground beef with your chosen meat. For example, ground chicken or pork will work very nicely in this dish.
- The long grain rice can be substituted with short-grain rice. You may need to adjust the fluids slightly to ensure the rice ends up cooked.
- Pick your favorite brand of tomato soup as it will heavily influence the flavors of this dish.
- Towards the end of cooking you may need to add more fluid if the dish is looking a bit dry and the rice is not cooked.
The information above is an estimate generated by an online nutrition calculator.
More Easy Recipes
Below are even more recipes that I highly recommend giving a try.
The sloppy joes recipe is similar to this dish and is loaded with flavor. It is essentially ground beef cooked in a delicious sauce. The sauce features ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and a bit of sugar.
If you love this recipe, then I reckon you will love the tater tot casserole. It has a delicious ground beef gravy, lots of crunchy tater-tots, and is topped with a generous amount of cheese. It is one of my favorite comfort food casserole recipes.
I hope that you love this Spanish rice with ground beef as much as I did. If you have any thoughts, feedback, tips, or anything else, then please do not hesitate to leave a comment below.