This easy Tater Tot casserole is a deliciously simple meal that you can cook up with very little effort.
A casserole like this is perfect for when you are running low on time and only have just a few ingredients. You can add some vegetables such as peas, corn, or even diced bell pepper to this dish for a bit of extra flavor.
Tater Tots have different names depending on where you live. In Australia and the UK, they can go under the name of potato gems or potato royals, or even potato pom poms. Germany and the Netherlands often call them potato croquettes. As long as their cylindrical in shape and made of potato then they’re most likely similar to Tater Tots.
This dish is fantastic as a full meal, or you can have it as a side dish. Personally, I usually have this as a full meal as there is more than enough for me. On the flip side, it does go great as a side to a main meal such as meatloaf or something similar.
The leftovers are fantastic so make sure you keep them. They should be fine in the fridge for one to three days before needing to be discarded. You can also freeze the dish if you’re looking to keep it for a long time.
If you love to see things visually, then be sure to check out the video below. The video goes through all the steps to making this tasty Tater Tot casserole. However if you prefer a written recipe, then you can find it right underneath the video or in our easy recipe cookbook.
Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- First, preheat an oven to 180°C (360°F)
- In a frying pan over medium heat, brown the ground beef, garlic, and onion.
- Once the beef is browned, mix in the condensed cream of mushroom soup and milk. Season with salt & pepper.
- In a casserole dish pour in the beef mixture. On top of the mixture evenly place the tater tots. Top with the cheese.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the tater tots are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve & Enjoy
- For the best results, make sure the oven is hot before adding the casserole.
- As I mentioned above, you can add some vegetables to the sauce mixture. Peas, corn or even diced bell pepper are a great addition to this dish.
- If you’re running low on time, you can skip the onion and garlic.
- For a bit of extra flavor, you can also add some diced bacon. Crisp the bacon before you add the ground beef to the frying pan for the best results.
- Worcestershire sauce is also another way to add a bit more flavor to this dish. Add this at the same time as the milk and condensed cream of mushroom soup.
If you’re curious about how much this easy tater tot casserole might impact your diet, then be sure to refer to the nutritional information below. Please keep in mind that this information is just an estimate and will likely vary depending on the nutrition tool you use.
You can make a Tater Tot casserole in a slow cooker but keep in mind it won’t crisp up as nicely as this recipe. It’s still perfect if you’re running low on time and want to have your meal ready to eat without needing to do any extra cooking.
I hope that you enjoy this easy Tater Tot casserole and that you didn’t run into any problems cooking it up. If you have a delicious variation, tips, changes or anything else that you would like to share, then feel free to leave a comment below.