I love cooking frozen fish sticks in the air fryer as they crisp perfectly and are so easy to get right.
Once the fish sticks are cooked, they will be crispy on the outside and hot on the inside. They are delicious by themselves, but even better with some delicious side dishes.
Without making any adjustments to this recipe, you should be able to feed roughly four people. I do recommend serving the fish sticks with some side dishes and condiments. You can easily add more fish sticks to the air fryer if you need to feed more people.
Serving Ideas for Frozen Fish Sticks
Loads of side dishes and condiments match perfectly with fish sticks. Below are just a couple of my favorite ideas.
There are plenty of condiments that fish will match nicely with. Personally, I love to serve fish sticks with something like tartar sauce, seafood sauce, mayonnaise, or even ketchup. Alternatively, you can try being a little different and use something else, such as BBQ sauce, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, or even honey mustard.
A good salad will work nicely with these fish sticks. Something like coleslaw, potato salad, or even a refreshing green salad will be a fantastic choice. If you are feeling lazy, then a pre-prepared salad from the supermarket will work great.
Of course, if you feel like more comfort food, then something like steak fries or even sweet potato fries will be the perfect match for fish sticks. You can even try cooking fries in the air fryer. Personally, I love cooking some Tater Tots in the air fryer.
Cooking the Fish Sticks Perfectly
There are a few things that you can do to ensure that your fish sticks cook perfectly in the air fryer.
Depending on the thickness of your fish sticks, you may need to increase or decrease the recommended cooking time. Mine are not large, but not small, so fourteen minutes was more than long enough.
Using cooking oil will help ensure a crispy crumb. If you want to keep things healthier, then the oil is entirely optional. The fish sticks will still cook very nicely.
Preheating the air fryer is optional, but it does help ensure a better cook on your food. Most air fryers will be at the correct temperature in just a few minutes.
The recipe below will take you through all the steps to cooking these frozen fish sticks in the air fryer. Be sure to let us know if you have any feedback.
Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks Recipe
- 20 frozen fish sticks
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C (390°F). Roughly five minutes.
- Place the fish sticks into the air fryer. Try not to overlap them.
- Lightly spray with the cooking oil.
- Cook for 10-14 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking to ensure an even cook.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Spraying the fish sticks with oil will help ensure a crispy crumb. You can skip this ingredient if you want to be slightly healthier.
- You can add more fish sticks than the recommended amount on the recipe if your air fryer can handle it. I do highly recommend that you do not overlap the fish sticks.
- I recommend cooking the fish sticks from frozen for the best result. If they are thawed, reduce the cooking time by half.
- Fish sticks are sometimes called fish fingers.
- The nutritional information below is an estimate. For more accurate information, refer to the box.
The information above is an estimate generated by an online nutrition calculator.
More Air Fryer Recipes
The number of different recipes that you can cook in the air fryer is staggering. Below are a couple of my favorite recipes that I highly recommend giving a try.
Crispy chicken tenders are an absolute must-try. The recipe feature deliciously tender chicken coated in a homemade mixture of seasonings and breadcrumbs. If you want a treat, then these tenders are worth the effort.
The frozen mozzarella sticks also cook very nicely in the air fryer and are worth a try. Mozzarella sticks are the perfect side dish or starter and will not take very long to cook.
I hope that you enjoy these air fryer frozen fish sticks as much as I do. If you have some feedback, please do not hesitate to leave a comment below.