Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Total time 5 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 10 (1 cup) strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean
- 1 Tbsp honey
- In a blender add the strawberries, blueberries, milk, vanilla yogurt and the honey.
- Blitz until well combined.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can use regular or low fat yogurt, depending on what you prefer. There is very little difference regarding texture, but you should keep in mind that some low-fat varieties have a lot of sugar in them.
- I find the yogurt and fruit has enough sweetness in them that the honey can be left out of the smoothie. However, if you love things to be a bit sweeter than I recommended keeping it in.
- Honey can be replaced with other sweeteners such as maple syrup, white sugar, and brown sugar. Keep in mind that almost every type of sugar has a different taste to it.
- As with any smoothie, if you’re able to get some cheap fresh fruit then use this over frozen as I find fresh fruit works better. However, frozen will come out to be just as good if you’re unable to source cheap fruit.
- A neat little trick you can do if you find yourself having this smoothie a lot is to weigh the berries ahead of time and store them in serving size packs in the freezer. This way, you only need to grab one pack per serving you need.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!