Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Toad in the Hole Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 45 Minutes
- Total time: 55 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 500 g (1.1 lb) thick beef sausages
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 & ¼ cups milk
- Preheat an oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Pour the oil into a casserole dish and add the sausages.
- Bake the sausages for roughly 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn after 5 minutes.
- While the sausages are cooking, sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the middle, add the milk and eggs. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven and pour the batter over the sausages.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the batter is puffed up and golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can pan fry the sausages instead, but this will, of course, make more washing up.
- If you’re using frozen sausages, then it’s best to defrost them before starting this recipe. Cooking from frozen may not deliver the best result.
- Thick sausages work the best, but you can use slimmer ones instead. Just be careful that you don't overcook thin sausages. I recommend that you reduce the initial baking time of the thin sausages to only five minutes.
- If you want to be super lazy, then you can always use a Yorkshire pudding packet mix instead.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!