Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Prep time: 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 25 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 500 g (1.1 lb) chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 30 g (1.1 oz) packet Fajita seasoning
- Sour cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Lime juice
- Preheat the air fryer to 180°C (360°F). It will take roughly 5 minutes,
- Combine the oil, onion, garlic, bell peppers, chicken strips, and fajita spice mixture in a bowl.
- Place chicken and vegetables into the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes. Shake the air fryer basket halfway through cooking.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- I highly recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is ready by the time you pull it out of the air fryer. The thickest part of the chicken should reach at least 75°C (170°F).
- You can replace the cooking oil with olive oil.
- Make sure the chicken thigh or chicken breasts are boneless and skinless.
- Shaking the air fryer basket helps ensure that the chicken and vegetables cook evenly. However, you can leave the air fryer undisturbed for the entire cooking time.
- The type of bell pepper you use is entirely up to you. For aesthetics, I like to have two different colored bell peppers. For example, I use red and green bell peppers.
- For the best results, do not slice the bell peppers and chicken too thin or too thick. No thicker than 1cm (0.4 in).
- You can use a store-bought fajita seasoning mixture, or you can make one yourself.
- To ensure this recipe is gluten-free, make sure you use a gluten-free tortilla.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!