Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Sweet Potato Fries
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 40 Minutes
- Total time: 50 Minutes
- Serves: 2
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 Tbsp rosemary
- Preheat an oven to about 215°C (420°F).
- In a bowl, add the softened coconut oil, herbs, salt, and sweet potato wedges.
- Mix the ingredients so that the sweet potato becomes well coated.
- Place the sweet potato fries onto an oven tray while making sure they're not overlapping.
- Now place the tray in the oven and cook for 30-45 minutes. They might take longer to cook, depending on the thickness of the sweet potato.
- To test if they’re cooked, use a sharp knife, and if it cuts into the potato easily, then it is ready to eat.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you want to get these as crispy as possible, you can try putting them on a cooling rack. Make sure the cooling rack is on top of a tray; otherwise, your oven could get very dirty fast.
- This sweet potato fries recipe is super easy to cook for a crowd. However, make sure you have the room to cook them in your oven. If you stack the fries on top of each other, they can get soggy fast, and no one likes soggy fries.
- These fries also make a great side dish, so if you’re cooking up something like chicken cacciatore, then you should certainly make these as they go great together.
- You can use lard instead of coconut oil. Either choice will result in some delicious sweet potato fries.
- I recommend using fresh herbs to get the best results, but with that said, dried herbs are an excellent alternative.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!