Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Doritos Chicken Recipe
- Prep time: 30 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time: 45 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 500 g (1.1 lb) chicken breast, cut into strips
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 170 g (6 oz) Doritos, crushed
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Now, in another separate bowl, add the eggs.
- In yet another bowl, add the crushed Doritos.
- Dip the chicken into the flour, egg mixture, then the Doritos.
- On a lined baking tray, place the coated pieces of chicken.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- I recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked when you remove it from the oven. The internal temperature of the chicken should be above 75°C (165°F).
- For a thicker crust, you can double coat the chicken. Be careful when cooking the chicken as it will take longer, and the crust may start to burn before the chicken is fully cooked.
- Feel free to swap the chicken breast for chicken thigh instead. The result will still be incredibly delicious.
- You can use any flavored Dorito that you want. I love the supreme cheese, but any flavor will work nicely.
- Lightly spraying the chicken with oil will help crisp the crumb and keep the chicken moist.
- You can add some extra seasoning into the flour mixture. For example, taco seasoning can be added for even more flavor.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!