Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Carbonara Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time 25 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 100g (3.5 oz) bacon cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. white wine
- 30g (1 oz) butter
- 60g (2 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup cream
- 25g (1 oz) parmesan
- 25g (1 oz) parsley, chopped
- 80g (3 oz) pasta
- Heat a large pot of salted water until it is boiling. Then cook the pasta for about 10 minutes (Refer to the package instructions to be sure).
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add a splash of oil to stop it from sticking together.
- Mix egg, cream, parsley and garlic in bowl and season.
- Cook the bacon until crispy, then remove and put to the side.
- Add butter and mushrooms and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add wine, lower the heat and cook for about a minute.
- Add cooked pasta then pour in the sauce.
- Combine over low heat until well mixed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and Enjoy.
- If you can afford it, then replace the bacon with pancetta as this is the original ingredient in an authentic carbonara.
- Be careful of scrambling the eggs, if you think the pan is still too hot then let it cool a little before adding the egg mix.
- If you don’t like mushrooms just simply remove them from the recipe.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!