Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Carbonara Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time: 25 Minutes
- Serves: 2
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cream
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 100 g (3.5 oz) bacon cut into 1cm cubes
- 30 g (1.1 oz) butter
- 60 g (2.1 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp white wine
- 25 g (0.9 oz) parmesan
- 80 g (2.8 oz) pasta
- Heat a large pot of salted water until it is boiling. Add the pasta and boil for about 10 minutes (Refer to the package instructions to be sure).
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add a splash of oil to stop it from sticking together.
- Whisk the egg, cream, parsley, and garlic in a bowl until combined.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove and put it to the side.
- Add butter and mushrooms and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Next, add the wine, lower the heat, and cook for about a minute.
- Add the cooked pasta and also pour in the carbonara sauce.
- Gently stir over low heat until the pasta is well coated in the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and Enjoy.
- If you can afford it, then replace the bacon with pancetta as this is the original ingredient in an authentic carbonara.
- Be careful of scrambling the eggs. If you think the pan is too hot, then let it cool a little before adding the egg mix.
- If you don’t like mushrooms, simply remove them from the recipe.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!