This dish is a tasty and easy carbonara recipe that you can whip up quickly after a long day at work. It is also fantastic just as a great meal on the weekend.
This pasta is probably one of the easiest and fastest pasta dishes that you can whip up in less than 30 minutes. It may be a little involved with preparation but is certainly worth it. You will also find that since it’s relatively easy, you can probably cook this up for an easy lunch without it taking up too much time.
There are many variations on this classic dish with many of them adding lots more non-traditional and cheaper ingredients. For example, cream and bacon are typically not found in a traditional recipe. You will find this recipe is more of a modern take on the classic with the goal being to make it as easy as possible.
This pasta can be topped with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley by doing this it leaves you with an amazing creamy pasta that almost anyone would enjoy.
While the text version of this recipe will take you through everything you need to know, you may prefer to watch a video on how to whip this delicious, easy carbonara recipe up. If that is the case, then check out the video I have prepared below otherwise check out the text recipe right underneath it.
Easy Carbonara Recipe
- 100g (3 ½ oz.) bacon cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. white wine
- 30g (1 oz.) butter
- 60g (2 oz.) mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup cream
- 25g (1 oz.) parmesan
- 25g (1 oz.) parsley, chopped
- 80g (3 oz.) pasta
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat a large pot of salted water until it is boiling. Then cook the pasta for about 10 minutes (Refer to the package instructions to be sure).
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add a splash of oil to stop it from sticking together.
- Mix egg, cream, parsley and garlic in bowl and season.
- Cook the bacon until crispy, then remove and put to the side.
- Add butter and mushrooms and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add wine, lower the heat and cook for about a minute.
- Add cooked pasta then pour in the sauce.
- Combine over low heat until well mixed.
- Serve and Enjoy.
- If you can afford it, then replace the bacon with pancetta as this is the original ingredient in an authentic carbonara.
- Be careful of scrambling the eggs, if you think the pan is still too hot then let it cool a little before adding the egg mix.
- If you don’t like mushrooms just simply remove them from the recipe.
All the nutritional information you need to know about this creamy carbonara is right below. Keep in mind this information is only an estimate and doesn’t take into account any extras that you might have with it.
This pasta dish is pretty easy to cook up quickly but if you would prefer a pasta bake dish then be sure to check out the easy tuna casserole. The tuna casserole dish takes just minutes to prepare and then about 25 minutes in the oven.
If you would like to leave feedback, improvements or have a variation on this easy carbonara recipe, then please drop us a comment below.