Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Chicken Jambalaya Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 45 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped
- 100 g (3.5 oz) chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 400 g (14.1 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Cajun spice
- 500 ml (16.9 fl oz) chicken stock
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add the chorizo. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chorizo is starting to brown.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, chicken, and red bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, tomatoes, Cajun spice, and the chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer and lower the heat on the stove to about low-medium with the lid. Cook for 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Using a heavy-based frypan will help prevent the rice from burning as it will distribute the heat better.
- Make sure the heat is relatively low when you are cooking the rice. The low heat will help prevent the rice from sticking and burning to the bottom of the pan.
- You may need to add a little bit more chicken stock if the rice still is not cooked at the twenty-minute mark.
- If you have no lid for the pot, then try making a temporary one out of foil. Alternatively, you can use no lid at all, but you will need to keep an eye on the fluid level as a lot of it will evaporate and could result in the dish burning.
- You can make Cajun spice at home if you don't have any in the cupboard.
- For something a little different, you can cook the jambalaya in a slow cooker. It is far from tradition but works perfectly if you do not have much time to spend in the kitchen.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!