Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Fried Cheese Sticks Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time 15 Minutes
- Serves 2-4
- 8 slices of bread
- 8 slices of cheese
- 4 Tbsp. butter or oil for frying
- Remove the crusts from all the slices of bread.
- Roll out the bread using a rolling pin or anything round and clean.
- Place a cheese slice on the bread.
- Roll the bread up from one edge to the other end.
- Heat a frying pan up and add some butter or oil.
- When the butter or oil is hot add the cheese sticks with the open edge facing down.
- Turn over to a new side cooking them until their golden brown all over.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can add extra ingredients to the rolls such as tomato paste, salami, ham and much more. Just make sure you don’t go overboard otherwise you will end up with soggy grilled cheese sticks.
- You can cook these in the oven for some baked cheese sticks, simply preheat an oven to 180°C (350 °F) and bake for about 10-15 minutes. You might also want to add some butter or oil to the outside, so they crisp up nicely.
- When you’re cooking these in a pan, try to keep them in a close group. This method will prevent the rolls from opening up and becoming ruined.
- This fried cheese sticks recipe is great to go with some soup, condiments such as tomato sauce, a stew and much more!
- I used processed cheese slices for this recipe, but you can easily swap these out for a different type of cheese that you like. For example pieces of Camembert are pretty amazing fried.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!