Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Fried Cheese Sticks Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time 15 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 8 slices of bread
- 8 cheese slices
- 4 Tbsp spreadable butter
- Remove the crusts from all the slices of bread.
- Roll out the bread using a rolling pin.
- Place a cheese slice on the bread.
- Roll the bread up.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add some butter.
- When the butter is hot, add the cheese sticks with the edge facing down.
- Once golden brown, turn over to a new side. Repeat until the cheese sticks are golden brown all over.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can cook these in the oven, simply preheat an oven to 180°C (350 °F) and bake for about 10-15 minutes. You might want to add some butter or oil to the outside, so they crisp up nicely.
- When you are cooking these in a pan, try to keep them in a close group. This method will help prevent the rolls from opening and becoming ruined.
- These fried cheese sticks are great with some soup, condiments, a stew, and much more.
- I used processed cheese slices for this recipe, but you can easily swap these out for a different type of cheese. For example, pieces of camembert are pretty amazing fried.
- You will need to be careful as the cheese can get hot, so make sure you let the rolls cool first.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!