Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Recipe
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour & 15 Minutes
- Total time: 1 Hour & 35 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 300 g (10.6 oz) gluten-free self-rising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 150 g (5.3 oz) brown sugar
- 250 g (8.8 oz) carrots, grated
- 100 g (3.5 oz) chopped walnuts
- 100 g (3.5 oz) raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) vegetable oil
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350 °F)
- Grease and line a 21cm (8.2 in) cake tin.
- Sift the flour and spices into a large bowl.
- Gently mix in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Add the cake mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to sit in the cake tin for 5 minutes before removing the tin and placing the cake onto a wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled, top with cream cheese frosting.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can use plain flour and add two teaspoons of gluten-free baking powder.
- You can use either a round cake tin or a loaf tin. Both options will work nicely. However, the cooking times may vary slightly.
- For the best results, I recommend chopping the walnuts into small to medium-sized chunks.
- You can cover the cake with foil if it is starting to brown too much. The foil will help prevent browning while allowing the cake to continue to cook.
- It doesn’t hugely matter if you end up with too much carrot. You can easily add up to 500g (17.5 oz) of shredded carrot and still have the cake turn out nicely.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!