Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Gluten-Free Mayonnaise Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Total time: 15 Minutes
- Serves: 1 cup
- 3 eggs yolks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- White pepper (Black will put little black specks through your mayo)
- Add the egg yolks, mustard, and lemon juice into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until well combined.
- Now turn the blender to high and slowly pour in the oil. (Adding the oil too fast will cause it to split)
- Keep pouring until the mayonnaise is thick and all the oil has been used up.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- To turn this into a garlic mayonnaise simply add about two teaspoons of crushed garlic at the same time as the mustard.
- Make sure you don’t use olive oil as this has a dominant flavor and will produce a very nasty tasting mayonnaise that you’re likely not to enjoy.
- If you love bacon and want your mayonnaise to taste just like it, then you can replace half the oil with bacon fat. Since bacon fat sets hard, your mayonnaise may thicken up a ton when you store it in the fridge.
- You will find that this recipe isn’t paleo-friendly due to the type of oil I use.
- If you find that the mayo has become too thick, then beat in a little bit water until you get the right consistency. However, I have never needed to adjust this recipe.
- A risk of making mayo is that the eggs and oil will split. If it does, you can either start over or attempt to save it. I always start over as I don't have much luck rescuing it. To recover it, you need to beat a new egg yolk in the blender and slowly add the split mayonnaise to it. After a while, it should come back together.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!