Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Ham Cheese Egg Bread Bowl Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time 20 Minutes
- Serves 1
- 1 bread roll (round)
- 1-2 slices of ham
- 50g (2 oz) cheese, slices or shredded
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Cut off the top of the bread roll.
- Using a spoon or your fingers scoop out the center of the bread roll and put to the side.
- Using the ham, layer inside the scooped out inside of the bread roll. Try to make sure it covers the bread entirely and overlaps. If you don’t adequately cover the bread, it’s not the end of the world, but the mix will start to seep into the bread.
- Crack in an egg and then top with some cheese and sprinkle with any herbs you would like.
- Put the top back on the roll and then wrap the roll up in foil.
- Bake for ~10-15 minutes or until cooked to your liking. The longer you cook, the harder the egg will become.
- Remove from the oven, unwrap, serve and enjoy!
- You can also use salami or even smoked salmon in exchange for ham but make sure you get it thinly sliced, so you’re able to layer it.
- Keep in mind the oven you’re using some cook faster than others. I am using a fan forced, so it cooks a little bit faster than other sorts of ovens.
- Keep in mind how thick your outer wall of the bread is, the thicker, the longer it will take to cook the egg.
- If you’re feeling like using a few dishes, then you could use a creamy scrambled egg mix instead of just an egg for a creamier and different filling. (More quiche-like)
- You can add more fillings but keep in mind every ingredient may cause it to take longer to cook and also have a completely different outcome.
- If you’re running low on time, then you can cook this in the microwave instead. Just make sure you don’t wrap it in foil. The downside to doing this is that it will come out a bit soft instead of crunchy.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!