Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 45 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) chicken breasts
- 500 g (1.1 lb) salsa
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 125 g (4.4 oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add the chicken breasts to an Instant Pot (pressure cooker) and coat with the taco seasoning.
- Pour the salsa over the chicken.
- Seal the pressure cooker and set it to pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before manually releasing the pressure.
- Shred the chicken using two forks.
- Top with the shredded cheese. Set to sauté for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can make taco seasoning at home with just a few household spices. It is a great way to save money and is perfect if you like to tweak flavorings.
- Any cut of chicken will work fine for this recipe. I like to use boneless chicken as it is much easier to shred.
- I recommend ten minutes for cooking, but you may need to adjust the timing. If you have exceptionally large chicken breasts, then I recommend increasing the cooking time by five minutes.
- The cheese is optional, but I do find that it adds loads of flavor to the chicken.
- If your chosen salsa is too thick, you may need to add some more fluid into the pressure cooker. Without the extra liquid, the Instant Pot might not be able to hit the required pressure.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!