Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Burger Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time 35 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 500g (17.5 oz) ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- Portobello Mushrooms x 2 (Per Burger)
- Red onion
- Baby spinach
- In a bowl, place the ground beef, egg, onion, parsley, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Now form into beef burgers, I find 2 Tbsp is usually enough mixture to make one large burger.
- In a frying pan, add about 1 Tbsp of paleo-friendly fat. Personally, I use either coconut oil or lard.
- Once hot, add the burgers and bacon and cook to your liking. Meanwhile, grill the Portobello mushrooms for 5 minutes on each side.
- Assemble the burgers with one Portobello mushroom facing down, then the baby spinach, avocado, the burger, bacon, and finally the other Portobello mushroom facing upwards.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The avocado works well mashed or sliced. Personally, I prefer it sliced. You can also turn it into guacamole instead. If you end up doing this, you can probably leave the red onion out as well.
- Something like the baby spinach can be swapped out for any leafy greens or left out completely. I prefer baby spinach in almost all my meals.
- The burgers should hold together just fine. If they are starting to fall apart, then you may not have worked the mixture enough. Also, try and resist the urge to play with the food in the pan.
- You should find that if you are cooking at the right temperature, you will only need to flip the burgers once or twice.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!