Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Butter Chicken Curry Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 25 Minutes
- Total time: 35 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 & 1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 400 ml (13.5 fl oz) coconut milk
- 700 g (1.5 lb) chicken thigh fillets, cubed
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cardamom, ground
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over high heat.
- Firstly, add the onion and cook until translucent, roughly 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices and cook until fragrant. Approximately about 2 minutes.
- Next, add the chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Now add the salt, tomato paste, lemon juice, and coconut milk.
- Lower the heat to medium and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you enjoy this recipe, you can make a jar of the butter chicken spices and store it for future use. Every time you make this recipe, all you will need is two and a half tablespoons of the spices. Doing this method, you will not need to weigh out the seven odd spices over and over.
- This dish goes amazing with the cauliflower rice, so if you are looking for a dish to help bulk this out, then you should check out our cauliflower rice recipe. It is paleo-friendly as well.
- The coconut milk can be swapped for coconut cream. You will get a much creamier curry by doing this simple swap. Be careful as coconut cream is a little more susceptible to splitting.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!