Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Chorizo & Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time: 25 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 500 ml (16.9 fl oz) chicken stock
- In a deep pot over high heat, add the chorizo and cook until slightly browned.
- Add the onion, garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the sweet potatoes, paprika, and mix slightly.
- Add the stock and cook for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 40 minutes, most of the fluid should have now evaporated, and the remainder should be relatively thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- As I mentioned above, you can play around with seasonings a bit if you would like a different tasting dish. For example, a taco seasoning or even Cajun spice will radically change the flavors in this dish.
- Most chorizo sausages you can buy should be paleo-friendly, but if you’re in doubt, then be sure to check with the butcher or the ingredient list if it’s in a packet.
- You can always add more vegetables to this dish. For example, some red bell peppers would help add even more flavor and texture. Some baby spinach mixed in at the end will help finish the dish perfectly.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!