Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Taco Salad Recipe
- Prep time 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time 35 Minutes
- Serves 8
- 500g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 30g (1 oz) taco seasoning
- 1 large iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups, cheddar cheese, shredded
- 175g (6 oz) corn chips, crushed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning mix
To ensure that this taco salad is gluten-free ensure that you use gluten variants of corn chips, taco seasoning, and mayonnaise.
- In a frypan over high heat, brown the ground beef.
- Drain any excess fluid from the frypan and add the taco seasoning. Cook until fragrant and then allow to cool.
- In a bowl, gently mix the lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, beef, and corn chips.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sugar and taco seasoning until well combined.
- Add the dressing mix into the salad and combine.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can make taco seasoning at home, and it only requires a few basic spices and herbs. It’s perfect if you prefer to make everything at home.
- The tomato can be swapped for a handful of cherry tomatoes instead. Both are delicious, but the cherry tomatoes will be slightly sweeter.
- Corn chips or tortilla chips both work great. You can easily make tortilla chips at home with just a few basic ingredients.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!