This deep fried Mars bar is so delicious you will be coming back for more. If you have a craving for something deep fried, chocolaty and delicious, then you don’t need to look any further.
The deep fried Mars bar originated out of Scotland and was an item sold in some fish and chip shops. It has since grown in popularity and is found all across the world.
At first, the thought of deep frying a Mars bar seemed criminal, but after having done this recipe, I just couldn’t help myself going back for seconds.
A battered Mars bar actually tastes a lot better than you probably think. The outside has a lovely crunch, and the inside is incredibly gooey. It is packed with all the flavors that we love about a Mars bar.
What to have with a Deep Fried Mars Bar
If you want to make this dish even more amazing, then I highly recommended having some vanilla ice cream with it. It will take this delicious dessert to the next level.
Instead of the ice cream, you can have something as simple as some cream on the side. One thing I do like about using plain cream is that it helps cut through the sweetness.
This dish is pretty good on its own, so don’t feel the need to make anything to go with it. Considering how unhealthy it is, it might be best to eat it without extras. However, I enjoyed the couple of options that I mention above.
Ideal for a Sweet Tooth
This deep fried Mars bar recipe does come out to be pretty sweet, so if you don’t have a sweet tooth, then this might not be the best recipe for you.
Due to the dish being very heavy in calories, I recommend only having a single Mars bar and not overindulging. It’s pretty delicious so it can be hard stopping yourself having another.
In the video below, we show you how to make a deep fried Mars bar. It is super easy to do, and you get a delicious but strange dessert. If you like the video and would love to see more, then please make sure you subscribe to us.
Deep Fried Mars Bar Recipe
- 4 Mars Bars
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Beat the egg and sugar together.
- Add the dry ingredients and the milk.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Put to the side.
- Heat a pot of oil or a deep fryer to 200 °C (350 °F).
- Dip one Mars bar into the batter and place into the deep fryer.
- Cook for about 30 seconds to a minute or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and place on some paper towel.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If the oil isn’t hot enough your batter won’t cook fast enough and the Mars bar will start leaking into the oil. If this is the case, then wait for the oil to heat up a little more before adding your next Mars bar.
- I do not recommend shallow frying as the batter is likely just to fall off as you’re trying to cook.
- If the batter is too thick, then add a little bit more milk. Be careful though, as adding too much milk will make batter not stick correctly.
- Fried Mars bars are amazing with some ice cream. It sounds super sickly, but the ice cream will turn this recipe from ok to absolutely amazing.
- If you don’t want the Mars bar to melt too much, then you can place it in the fridge beforehand. Don’t remove it until you’re just about ready. I, however, wouldn’t recommend freezing it as it may have undesired consequences such as it exploding.
The information above is an estimate generated by an online nutrition calculator.
More Dessert Recipes to Try
If you love chocolate, then I would highly recommend checking out the yummy mug brownie recipe. This brownie is super easy to do and can be done in just minutes.
Another great recipe worth checking out is the self-saucing chocolate pudding. It is a rich chocolate pudding that produces its own sauce and as always goes amazing with some ice cream.
Assuming you can’t get enough of Mars bar flavored desserts, then I highly recommend checking out our Mars bar slice recipe as it’s super delicious.
If you want to leave feedback, variation or anything else about this deep fried Mars bar recipe, then please drop us a comment below. Also, if you want to stay up to date on all the latest easy recipes and much more, then please follow us on any of the major social networks.