This easy beef and broccoli stir-fry is the perfect dish to cook up for when you’re feeling like something simple but incredibly tasty.
You can eat this dish by itself, but I highly recommend cooking up some steamed rice to go with it. Alternatively, noodles also go amazing with this dish, something like soba noodles will be perfect. This stir-fry is pretty fast to cook up so if you’re cooking something like rice then you might want to get that cooking first.
This dish is super quick to get prepared and cooking however if you want to get it ready way ahead of when you need it then you can also do this beef and broccoli dish in the slow cooker.
If you don’t mind the easy beef & broccoli sauce being a bit runny, then you can leave out the cornstarch and water mix. Some people prefer this as it makes the dish a lot lighter while still maintaining those great flavors.
The leftovers are worth keeping so make sure you don’t throw them out. Just store in the fridge until required then heat in the microwave or over the stove. It should last for about 2-3 days in the refrigerator if stored correctly. Personally, I can’t recommend freezing this as the broccoli is likely to overcook and become mushy when you reheat it.
If you want to see how this delicious dish is done, then be sure to check out the video below. It will take you through all the steps to making this super easy dinner dish.
Easy Beef & Broccoli Recipe
- 500g (1 lb) beef steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup beef stock
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. water
- In a skillet pan over medium-high heat, quickly brown the meat. Once browned, put to the side.
- In the same pan, add the sesame oil, onion, garlic, ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, beef stock and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until it becomes like a paste.
- Stir the cornstarch paste into the sauce until well combined.
- Add the broccoli florets and return the beef to the pan, cook until the broccoli is heated.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can use fresh or frozen broccoli however if you use frozen make sure you defrost it first otherwise it will add too much liquid and take forever to cook.
- It’s easy to overcook the broccoli if it goes mushy and a dark color then the broccoli has been overcooked.
- The brown sugar can be swapped out for honey if you would prefer to use a different sugar. You can also replace the beef stock with water, but you might need to increase the amount of salt to make up for the missing flavor.
- You can use regular soy, but it may make the sauce a bit too salty. You can always try reducing the amount of normal soy to half and replacing the rest with beef stock or water.
If you need the nutritional information for this delicious beef and broccoli dish, then you can find it right below. Keep in mind this does not take into account any extras that you have with it such as rice. This information is also only an estimate as it was calculated using an online tool.
There are a ton of easy dishes that you can cook with beef. One of my personal favorites is delicious beef stroganoff. Much like this dish it only takes minutes to prepare and cook so you can start eating as soon as possible.
I hope that you enjoy this easy beef and broccoli recipe and that it comes out to be delicious, just like it did for me. If you have a variation, tips or something else that you would like to share, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.