This paleo-friendly beef and broccoli is perfect if you’re having huge cravings for amazing Asian takeout food.
This dish is very similar to the traditional beef and broccoli stir fry, but we instead use Paleo-friendly ingredients such as Coconut aminos. The result is a lovely light tasting stir fry that’s loaded with flavor.
I love this stir fry as it tastes great and is also pretty healthy for you. You can enjoy this by itself or with some cauliflower rice, mash, or something similar.
If you have all the ingredients ready to go, then you can have this meal cooked and ready to eat in less than ten minutes. This speediness is fantastic if you’re looking for a quick, healthy beef stir-fry.
A single batch of this recipe, along with some cauliflower rice, should feed about four people.
Tinkering the Recipe
There are a couple of small changes that you can make to this recipe. Below are all the suggestions, but if you have anything you want to add, then be sure to leave a comment at the bottom of this page.
Assuming you want to add a bit of crunch to this stir-fry, try adding some almonds, walnuts, or other similar nuts. Remember not to add peanuts as they are not considered paleo-friendly.
Feel free to add more vegetables into the stir fry. For example, vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, bok choy, and asparagus will all work nicely with the beef and broccoli.
The coconut aminos can be tricky to get your hands on. So, if you don’t mind using a non-paleo-friendly ingredient, you can easily replace it with some soy sauce. I only recommend doing this if it’s impossible to find Coconut aminos.
The Coconut Aminos
In this recipe, we use a fantastic paleo-friendly soy alternative known as coconut aminos. This ingredient is probably not available at your local supermarket but can usually be found at many online retailers.
Personally, I love coconut aminos as I can still enjoy all the things that soy usually goes great with, such as this stir-fry.
What to Serve with Beef and Broccoli
You can eat this paleo-friendly beef and broccoli without any extra accompaniments. However, if you want something to go with it, then there is a couple of suggestions below.
My personal favorite is to cook some delicious cauliflower rice to go with this stir-fry. It’s super easy and won’t chew up much time at all.
Some mashed cauliflower or mashed sweet potato will work nicely with this dish. Both will require a little more time in the kitchen but are definitely worth it.
If you want to see how to make this beef and broccoli recipe, then be sure to check out the video below. Otherwise, I have detailed instructions for making this delicious recipe right underneath the video.
Paleo Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- 500g (17.5 oz) beef, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- ¼ cup coconut Aminos
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- In a wok or skillet, heat the coconut oil.
- Once hot, add the beef and cook until browned. You may need to cook the beef in two batches.
- Once browned, remove the beef from the pan.
- In the same pan, add the onion, bell pepper, broccoli, and cook for 3-5 minutes while continually stirring.
- Add the garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, water, and beef.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you can slice the beef as thin as possible, you can get amazing succulent beef that's similar to what you would find at a restaurant.
- If you find the broccoli is not cooking enough while stir-frying, either cut it smaller or blanch for a few minutes before you stir-fry it.
- I find using a high-quality tender piece of beef in this recipe is the best way to go. You will have lovely cooked beef that melts in your mouth. If you go for a cheaper tougher cut of beef, it might be a bit chewy but should still taste pretty good.
- You can add some more vegetables to make this healthy beef stir fry even healthier.
The information above is an estimate generated by an online nutrition calculator.
More Paleo-Friendly Beef Recipes
If you’re looking for other dishes that use beef, be sure to check out our lovely paleo beef stew. This stew is perfect for a cold winter’s day, where you want something warm and hearty.
You could also try something like the paleo meatballs. These meatballs are great both as a snack and as a meal. They’re also pretty easy to make quickly, so they’re great if you’re low on time.
I hope you enjoy this paleo beef and broccoli recipe, if you have any variations, or opinions on this recipe, then please feel free to drop a comment below.