A paleo beef and broccoli recipe to take you back to those days of amazing Asian takeout food.
This rich stir fry not only tastes great but is also pretty healthy for you. You can enjoy this by itself or with some cauliflower rice, mash or something similar.
This recipe is straightforward to cook up quickly. If you have all the ingredients pre-cut such as the vegetables and beef, then it is straightforward to get this together.
You can probably have this all cooked up and ready eat in less than 10 minutes. This speediness is fantastic if you’re looking for a quick, healthy beef stir-fry.
In this recipe, we use a fantastic paleo friendly soy alternative known as coconut aminos. This ingredient is probably not available at your local supermarket but can usually be found at many online retailers.
Personally, I love coconut aminos as I can still enjoy all the things that soy usually goes great with such as this stir-fry.
If you want to see how to do this beef and broccoli recipe, then be sure to check out the video below. Otherwise, I have detailed instructions for making this delicious recipe right underneath the video.
Paleo Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- 500g (17.5 oz) beef, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
- ¼ cup coconut Aminos
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- In a wok or skillet, heat the coconut oil.
- Once hot, add the beef and cook until browned. (You may need to do this in two batches)
- Once browned, remove the beef from the pan.
- In the same pan, add the onion, bell pepper, broccoli and cook for 3-5 minutes. (Continually stirring).
- Add the garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, water and the beef.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy
- This paleo beef and broccoli recipe goes fantastic with cauliflower rice or is still really nice just by itself. You could also try having it with some roasted vegetables or even with some soup.
- Assuming you want to add a bit of crunch to this recipe try adding some almonds or other similar nuts. Remember not to add peanuts as they are not considered paleo friendly.
- If you can slice the beef as thin as possible, you can get amazing succulent beef as you would find at a restaurant.
- If you find the broccoli is not cooking enough while stir-frying either cut it smaller or blanch before you stir-fry it.
- I find using a high-quality tender piece of beef in this recipe is the best way to go. You will have lovely cooked beef that just melts in your mouth. If you go for a cheaper tougher cut of beef, it might be a bit chewy but should still taste pretty good.
- You can add some more vegetables to make this healthy beef stir fry even healthier.
While this is a fantastic healthy stir-fry, you may still want more information on the nutritional benefits and negatives of this dish.
Below you can find all the information you should need to be able to make a judgment if you want to make or skip this recipe.
If you’re looking for other dishes that use beef be sure to check out our lovely paleo beef stew. This stew is perfect for a cold winter’s day where you just want something warm and hearty.
You could also try something like the paleo meatballs these are great both as a snack and as a meal. They’re also pretty easy to quickly make so they’re great if you’re low on time.
I hope you enjoy this paleo beef and broccoli recipe, if you have any variations, opinions on this recipe, then please feel free to drop a comment below.