This gluten-free blueberry cobbler is the perfect delicious dessert. It features an incredibly delicious blueberry filling and a fluffy cake topping.
By the time this cobbler is ready, you will have some sweet blueberries topped with a deliciously fluffy vanilla cake. It is an excellent combination that does not require any extra accompaniments. However, some custard is pretty nice poured over the top.
A single batch of this cobbler should feed roughly four people. You can easily double or triple the recipe if you need to feed more. I also recommend serving the dessert with some extra accompaniments.
The leftovers of this cobbler are perfect for an easy breakfast the next day. It is great warm, or cold. You can keep the leftovers in the refrigerator for three days or three months in the freezer.
What to Serve with Blueberry Cobbler
There are lots of condiments that will match nicely with the flavors of this cobbler. Below are just a couple of ideas on what to serve with this delicious dessert.
A scoop of vanilla bean ice cream is one of my favorite additions to this delicious cobbler. It matches beautifully with the flavors of the blueberries and cake. I highly recommend giving it a try.
Some homemade custard will work nicely poured over the top of the cobbler. If you do not have time to make it at home, then some store-bought custard will work nicely. I love the super thick custard the most.
A drizzle of cream is the perfect accompaniment to this delicious dessert. It helps cut through the sweetness of the cobbler while adding a delicious creamy texture. It is the easiest way to slightly change this dish.
Adjusting the Recipe
Doubling the blueberries is an excellent option if you want loads of delicious fruit. I do not recommend changing the cake recipe if you do decide to add more fruit.
You can add some more spices into the cake mixture for a bit more flavor. A combination of nutmeg and cinnamon will add some delicious flavors into the cake mixture. Perfect if you are after a spiced blueberry cobbler.
Some more fruit can be added in with the blueberries. You may want to par-cook the fruit, so it is tender. I recommend something like pears or apples for the best results. A blueberry and pear crisp is certainly a must-try.
Fresh or frozen blueberries will work nicely in this dessert. I typically use frozen blueberries as they are available all year round and are often cheaper than fresh blueberries. If you are using frozen blueberries, then I recommend that you allow them to defrost slightly.
The video below will show you how to make this delicious gluten-free blueberry cobbler. Alternatively, there is a full written recipe right below the video.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
Can't see the video? Support us by whitelisting us in your adblocker.
- 500g (1.1 lb) blueberries
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 125g (4.4 oz) unsalted butter, chopped
- 125g (4.4 oz) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 300g (10.5 oz) gluten-free self-rising flour
- 200ml (6.8 fl oz) milk
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (360°F). Also, grease a 13x9 deep baking dish.
- Place the butter, sugar, and vanilla essence into a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, milk, and gently mix until combined.
- In a bowl, coat the blueberries in sugar and the vanilla. Pour into the baking dish.
- Spoon the cake batter over the top of the blueberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cake is cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- I use frozen blueberries, but fresh will also work very nicely. I recommend allowing the blueberries to defrost slightly before adding the cake mixture on top.
- Additional fruit can be added in with the blueberries. For example, pears or apple will work nicely.
- Some spices can be added into the cake mixture for a bit more flavor. Cinnamon and nutmeg are always an excellent combination. I would add roughly a teaspoon of each spice.
The information above is an estimate generated by an online nutrition calculator.
More Gluten-Free Desserts
There are plenty of more gluten-free recipes that are well worth making. Below are a couple of desserts that I highly recommend giving a try.
I have got to recommend the gluten-free brownies as they are an absolute must-try. They are loaded with chocolate and cook to be incredibly moist. Brownies are perfect as a simple snack or a delicious dessert.
The paleo-friendly peach cobbler is another dessert that you need to try. It has a delightful fluffy cake topping and an incredibly delicious peach filling. It is the perfect blend of flavors that I highly recommend giving a try.
I love this gluten-free blueberry cobbler, and I hope you will too. If you have some feedback, then please be sure to leave a comment below.