One of my favorite breakfast choices is an egg & bacon muffin especially after one of those big nights. If you’re looking for a delicious way to start the day, then you should look at whipping one or multiple of these up.
This egg and bacon muffin recipe is quite simple so you shouldn’t be afraid to add extras such as fried mushrooms, tomato and other ingredients that may turn this from a wow to a mind-blowing breakfast.
If you want a McMuffin like the one at McDonald’s then just keep the ingredients to cheese, bacon, egg and of course one slice of cheese. It is likely not to taste the same, but it does get pretty close to it.
Egg and Bacon Muffin Recipe
- 2x english muffins
- 2x rashers of bacon
- 2x eggs
- Baby spinach
- Cheese slices
- BBQ sauce
- Gather all your ingredients, so you don’t end up running around stressing later on.
- Heat the frypan up until you can feel the heat rising from it.
- Add the bacon to the frypan and cook to your liking
- Move the Bacon off to the side and crack your eggs into the pan.
- While the eggs are cooking, begin to toast your muffins.
- Once the egg whites are almost no longer opaque flip them using a spatula.
- Once cooked, assemble of your muffins
- You can add sauces such as tomato, BBQ, mayonnaise, tomato relish or whatever you enjoy most.
- Feeling like eating some salmon? simply exchange the bacon with some smoked salmon.
- If you have limited room in your kitchen turn your oven on to a lower temperature so you can keep cooked ingredients such as the bacon warm while you do other preparation and cooking.
- If you like runny eggs flip, then cook for a couple of seconds before removing from heat.
The nutritional information below takes into account the extras that you might have with these delicious egg and bacon muffins. If you decide against adding these, then the information below will likely be too high in values.
If this breakfast recipe is a little too involved and would love something a little easier, then be sure to check out the egg, cheese, and ham bread bowl. This fantastic bread bowl has egg, ham, cheese and is so easy to whip up quickly. Even better is that you don’t need to use any dishes at all.
If you have your own amazing variation on the egg and bacon muffin that you would love to share then feel free to leave a comment below.