This delicious Paleo chicken pot pie will fulfill that craving for a lovely homemade warm pie. You will get about six pies out of one batch of this recipe, so it’s pretty good if you need to cook for a crowd.
This recipe is quite involved as you have to make the pastry and the filling for it. You will need to set aside about 2 hours to get this recipe done but is well worth the time and effort.
The sauce for the pie is a cauliflower puree this gives you a thick lovely sauce that is packed full of flavor. It is also really good for you since it’s just chicken stock and cauliflower.
You will need to make some pastry for this dish so you can top the pies off properly. Plus, what pie is complete without the pastry. If you need a recipe, then be sure to check out my super easy paleo pastry recipe.
As you would expect being paleo, this recipe is of course gluten free and also dairy free. It makes it perfect for anyone who may not be paleo but looking for a healthy pie recipe.
If you want to see how to do this recipe visually, then be sure to check out the video below. It will take you through each of the steps that you will need to do to make this tasty paleo-friendly pie.
Paleo Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
1 Hour & 30 Minutes
- 1x paleo pastry (You can use my paleo pastry recipe or a different one)
Chicken Pot Pie Filling
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cauliflower, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat an oven to 180°C/350°F
- In a pot over high heat, add the chopped cauliflower and 3 cups of chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil and cook until the cauliflower is tender.
- Once tender blend together until smooth. Put to the side.
- In a pan over medium heat add the onion, celery and carrots, garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned.
- Add the cauliflower puree, season with salt & pepper.
- Cook for a further 10-20 minutes. If it is too thick then simply add some water.
- Pour the chicken filling into some ramekins or an oven proof dish.
- Cover with the prepared pastry.
- Cook in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you don’t feel like making the pastry, then the chicken pot pie filling is good enough to have by itself or with a side dish such as some paleo cauliflower rice.
- You can cook the chicken pot pie filling ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for a couple of days. This method is perfect if you know you’re going to be running low on time.
If you’re curious about how much of an impact this pie will have on your diet, then you can find the nutritional information below. This information does include the pie crust as well.
These pies are pretty good by themselves, but if you want something to go with them, then something like herby sweet potato fries goes amazing well with these.
If you have any variations to this paleo chicken pot pie recipe or would just like to leave us some feedback, then please drop me a comment below.