This paleo ranch dressing is deliciously good and is the perfect condiment or salad dressing for a lot of dishes.
Like mayo, this was yet another condiment that I missed when I started cooking paleo. This simple alternative to store-bought varieties is so much better and healthier!
As you can imagine there are a lot of dishes this would go amazingly as an accompanist. As you would expect, it goes well as a salad dressing but also exceptionally well as a dip. I love dipping the almond crusted fried chicken into this ranch dressing when I am feeling a bit peckish.
Now, you can use homemade paleo mayonnaise which I already have a good recipe for, or you can buy some from the store. Buying it can be tricky as your local supermarket probably doesn’t stock it so you should check out a specialist shop or an online store like Amazon (They usually have it in stock).
If you want to see how to make this ranch dressing, then be sure to check out the video below. Alternatively, the full written recipe is right underneath the video. It also has some cooking tips covering anything you might need further help with making this tasty dressing.
Paleo Ranch Dressing Recipe
- ¾ cup paleo mayonnaise
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dill weed, chopped
- ½ tsp tarragon, chopped
- ½ tsp chives, chopped
- ½ tsp. parsley, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Keep refrigerated until needed.
- This dressing will last in your fridge for about a week but don’t be surprised if it can last a little longer than that. If in doubt, make sure you discard it.
- In this recipe, you can use dried or fresh herbs. I prefer fresh, but sometimes they can be a bit expensive or hard to get.
- You may not find any need to add salt or pepper to the dish, so make sure you taste before adding either of these.
- Make sure you mix up your coconut cream before you add it to your mix. You will find that sometimes coconut cream will separate and some of it will be almost solid and the rest runny. Make sure you refrigerate the leftover coconut cream so you can use it in a different dish.
- If you find the ranch dressing is a little too thick for your liking, then simply add more coconut cream. Keep in mind if you add too much it will go runny and have a strong coconut taste to it.
As with almost all of my recipes you can find the nutritional information below. For the people who like this information, I hope that it helps when it comes to deciding whether you should make and eat this condiment. It’s important to note that this information assumes one serve is equal to one tablespoon.
There are so many great condiments that you’re able to keep enjoying while on the paleo diet. The best thing is that you know exactly what is going into it and you can tweak the ingredients so that the flavor perfect for you.
I hope you enjoy this homemade paleo ranch dressing recipe. If you come across any issues, have feedback or anything else then please feel free to leave a comment below.