I tried an interesting sandwich at a café a few months ago, and it was probably one of the best that I have ever had. This delicious meal gave me the idea of whipping this up at home and resulted in the ultimate breakfast sandwich recipe.
This sandwich combines all the typical ingredients that you would find in a full breakfast. This usual list of ingredients includes crispy bacon, hash-browns, egg, spinach and of course bread. It’s not the healthiest breakfast, but it is indeed incredibly tasty.
I have tried to make this recipe to be as easy as possible but also be one of the best-tasting breakfast sandwiches you would have ever eaten.
All you need regarding equipment is a simple sandwich press, but you could also do it in a fry-pan if you don’t have one. Also, if you’re in need of even more amazing sandwich recipes be sure to take a look at our fun easy recipe cookbook, it comes with a 20 recipe toastie book.
If you’re more of a visual person, then check out my video on how to make the ultimate breakfast sandwich! It’s a quick and easy way to learn how to throw this great quick and easy breakfast recipe together.
Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- 3 rashers of bacon
- 1 hash brown
- 1 egg
- 1 handful spinach
- 1-2 slices cheese
- 2 slices bread
- 1 Tbsp. mayo
- 1 Tbsp. BBQ Sauce
- Firstly turn the sandwich press on so that it heats up. (Alternatively, you can use a frying pan)
- Place the hash brown onto the sandwich press and start cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Add the bacon and cook to your preferred preference (Crispy etc.), 5 minutes was long enough for me.
- Remove both the hashbrown, bacon and place to one side.
- Start to cook the egg.
While the egg is cooking, assemble the sandwich. I did it in the following order:
Slice of Bread
Slice of bread
- Cook the sandwich until the bread is crispy.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- You’re able to replace the bacon with ham, both work just as well.
- One thing that you’re able to do if you don’t have a sandwich press is to cook this in a frypan instead. Just follow the same method, but you will need to flip the sandwich when cooking it so that both sides are crisped up.
- If you’re not worried too much about your diet, then you can butter the bread to achieve a deliciously crispy outside.
- A good tomato relish or caramelized onion are the perfect replacements for sliced tomato.
If you’re wondering what kind of impact this tasty sandwich will have on your diet, then you can find all the nutritional information you need right below. As I always mention, this information is just an estimate so it may differ if you calculate it yourself. It also doesn’t take into account any changes that you might make to the recipe.
I hope that you love the process and idea behind making this incredibly delicious sandwich. If you enjoyed this recipe, then you should also check out the tasty toasted sandwich recipe that I have. It’s very similar but more designed for your typical toasties.
Did you love the ultimate breakfast sandwich recipe? If you did or didn’t, then please be sure to leave your thoughts below. I would love to hear what you have to say about this tasty recipe.