This easy smoked salmon dip uses just 5 very simple ingredients and is perfect for when you need to make a tasty dip fast. It’s certainly a dip that will please anyone who loves smoked salmon.
As you could imagine this is best enjoyed with some crackers, carrot sticks or even some celery sticks. Alternatively, you can use this as a spread on some bread or even as an ingredient in some meals.
If you’re looking for more dips then there are quite a few easy ones that you’re able to quickly make. For example, the French onion dip only requires just 3 ingredients and tastes absolutely incredible.
This dip will last for about a week if stored correctly in the fridge. If it starts to smell or look weird then I highly recommend throwing it out.
I should mention that if you place this smoked salmon dip into the fridge then it will start to harden due to the cream cheese. The more sour cream you add the less it will thicken however you can instead just remove it from the fridge to allow it to soften.
I recommend removing this dip from the fridge about 30 minutes before eating to allow it to soften. I should mention that even when it’s hardened it’s still dippable and incredibly tasty.
Dips are so easy to make at home and you can sometimes save a bit of money by doing so. Best of all you can change the ingredients to match what flavours you enjoy the most. Love dill? Then simply add more dill, the possibilities are endless.
The short video below will take you through all the bits and pieces for making this incredible dip. It’s super short so it won’t take up too much of your time.
Easy Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe
- 250g (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 150g (6 oz.) smoked salmon
- 2 tsp. dill chopped
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup sour cream
- In a food processor, add the cream cheese and blitz until softened.
- Add the smoked salmon, dill, lemon juice, cream, and blitz until combined.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Adjust the lemon juice and the dill to your liking. If you prefer the dip to be stronger tasting in dill, then you might want to add some more.
- If you have the time, then you can cook up some crunchy homemade tortilla chips to go with this smoked salmon dip. They’re incredibly easy to make and are perfect for dipping.
- Adding more sour cream will make this dip runnier if that’s what you prefer. Keep in mind that when this is refrigerated, the cream cheese will thicken/harden slightly as I mentioned above.
- For a bit of extra flavor, you can add some capers and diced red onion. I would hold back on the capers as they can quickly make your dip too salty.
- Chives are also another addition to this dip but don’t add any red onion if you decide to add these. Too much onion may make the dip a little unappetizing.
Nutritional information is super handy when it comes to deciding whether a recipe is right for you and that’s why I have included it below. Please keep in mind that this information is only an estimate as I calculated it using an online tool that may or may not be super accurate.
If you’re a huge fan of dips and love making them then you should also check out the delicious corn relish dip. Like most dips on this website it only requires a few ingredients and is incredibly simple to quickly make.
I hope that you enjoy this easy smoked salmon dip and that you didn’t run into trouble making it. If you have a variation, tip or anything else that you would like to share then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.