This easy nachos recipe is a great party food that is not only simple to make but is also great tasting. If you need to make more than this recipe provides, merely just double the recipe.
For those who don’t know, nachos is a dish that originated out of Mexico. Traditionally it is just tortilla chips covered with a cheese based sauce. However, in this recipe will be doing a variant that makes use of refried beans, salsa, and some ground beef.
If you’re not a fan of ground beef, you can just omit from the recipe or replace with different meat such as shredded chicken or pork. You can leave the meat out entirely if you would prefer to not have any meat in there at all.
Would you prefer to watch a video on how to make these tasty and easy nachos? Check out the video I have prepared below. If you like the video, then please make sure you subscribe, so you stay up to date.
Easy Nachos Recipe
- 250g (8.8 oz.) ground beef
- 15g (0.5 oz.) taco seasoning
- 200g (7 oz.) refried beans
- 150g (5.3 oz.) salsa
- 150g (5.3 oz.) cheese
- 200g (7 oz.) corn chips
- Cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C (428° Fahrenheit).
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add a splash of oil.
- Add the mince to the pan and cook till it is lightly brown.
- Add taco seasoning and mix well.
- Add refried beans to the mix and adding a little water to help with mixing it into the mince mix.
- Remove from stove once well combined.
- Using the prepared pan or tray add a layer of corn chips.
- Next, add a layer of the refried beans and mince mix.
- Add a layer of salsa onto the top of the other layers.
- Optional: Finally, top with cheese and cherry tomatoes.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you need to make the nachos in a real rush, you can use a microwave but this will probably result in soggy nachos and may not taste nearly as good.
- If you don’t have any taco seasoning in the cupboard, then you can make some from scratch if you feel like it.
- Homemade nachos are not only great tasting, but you have the freedom to change it to whatever you like best. Experiment and work out what combination of flavors work best for you.
- Check out the easy guacamole recipe if you’re looking for some yummy guacamole to go with this nachos recipe.
- If you’re running low on corn chips but have some extra tortillas, you can use my easy homemade tortilla chips recipe to make some. It doesn’t take very long at all and taste just as good as the bought corn chips.
Nachos are usually on the unhealthy side of things, but this depends on the extras and how much cheese you have on them. If you’re curious about how much of an impact these nachos will impact your diet, then you can find all the information you need below.
If you have any tips or improvements on this easy nachos recipe, then feel free to leave a comment below. If you do like our recipes, then be sure to follow us on any of the major social networks!