Paleo sweet potato fries are a dieter’s best friend as they just taste amazing and are actually pretty good for you. No longer do you have to feel like you’re missing out on all those tasty meals.
This recipe is pretty easy to follow, and all you need to have is a good roasting tray an oven and of course all the ingredients.
It is good to remember even though sweet potato is considered paleo make sure you don’t go overboard as they are still very high in carbohydrates. It always makes for a great treat too.
If you want to see how I make my paleo sweet potato fries, then check the video below. If you like what you see and would like more of it, then make sure you subscribe to the channel so you can stay up to date.
Tasty Paleo Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup coconut oil or lard (If using coconut oil, soften till it is nice and runny)
- 2 Tbsp. herbs (I used rosemary)
- Preheat an oven to about 215°C or 420°F.
- First, cut the sweet potatoes into wedges.
- In a bowl, add the softened coconut oil, herbs, salt and sweet potato.
- Mix the ingredients together so that the sweet potato becomes well coated.
- Place the sweet potato fries onto an oven tray making sure they’re a single layer.
- Now place the tray in the oven and cook for 30-45 minutes. (Maybe longer depending on the thickness of the sweet potato)
- To test if they’re cooked use a sharp knife and if it enters easily then it is ready to eat.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you want to get these as crispy as possible, you can try putting them on a cooling rack. Make sure the cooling rack is on top of a tray otherwise your oven could get very dirty fast!
- This paleo sweet potato fries recipe is super easy to cook for a crowd. However, make sure you have the room to cook it in your oven! If you stack them on top of each other, they can get soggy fast, and no one likes soggy fries.
- This dish also makes a great side dish so if you’re cooking up something like chicken cacciatore, then you should certainly this as they go great together.
These fries surprisingly are not that bad to eat. However, it may not be enough to eat alone. You can find all the information on the nutrition for these fries below. This information is an estimate but should give you a good idea what to expect from eating these. Keep in mind this doesn’t include any of those delicious condiments that you might have with these.
As always if you have a variation that you would love to share or just want to leave some feedback on these yummy sweet potato fries, then please feel free to leave a comment below.